Top image

Hazardous waste

Disposing of hazardous waste

Hazardous Household Waste (HHW)
City of Nedlands residents can dispose of Hazardous household waste free of charge through the WA Waste Authority Household Hazardous Waste Program. However, only residential quantities of HHW will be accepted.

What is Household Hazardous Waste?

Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) is household products that are no longer needed or have reached their end-of-life, which contain chemicals or substances that can be harmful to you, your children, your pets, or the environment. This may include a broad range of products that are flammable, toxic, reactive or corrosive.

Where is my local waste disposal facility?

Householders can drop off household hazardous waste at any of the following locations:

JFR (Jim) McGeough Resource Recovery Facility

Western Metropolitan Regional Council

Cnr Lemnos Street and Brockway Road, Shenton Park

Phone: 9384 2544

Monday - Friday: 7.30 am-3.45 pm

Weekends: 10 am-1 pm

Public holidays: 7.30 am -1pm  (except closed Good Friday, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day)

For more information on the Household Hazardous Waste Program contact WALGA on phone (08) 9213 2062.

Where is the Resource Recovery Facility near me?

City of Nedlands residents can take their unwanted gas cylinders, fire extinguishers, smoke detectors, flares, thermometers, pesticides, paints, herbicides, flammable liquid and solvents. Go to for more information.

JFR (JIM) Mc Geough Resource Recovery Facility

Crn Brockway Road and Lemnos Street,

Shenton Park

Weekdays: 7.30 am to 3.45 pm

Weekends: 10 am to 1 pm

Call for fees and conditions 9384 2544.